19th July 2010
Little Missy is now 33 months old. (2 years 9 months old), she is very independent now compare to few months back. But still need a lot of effort to get her to do things or follow routines like get up to brush teeth in the morning and at night, get her to bath, change. She will just refuse to do these automatically but must after several reminders or even have to go with her, and then she will happily brush/bath etc... sigh..eventhough, it’s much easier compare to when she was in terrible two stage, but I would prefer that she can just get up, brush teeth, wipe face, change, ready to go school, at night, after eating dinner, brush teeth etc.. ? Am I asking for these too early too fast? Mm... Maybe I am?
Her vocabulary has improved tremendously which I lost count of how many words/sentences she can say... her mandarin too has been improving! Some of the things she said really amuse me sometimes... Especially the way she speaks mandarin but we are encouraging her each time she speak in mandarin.
Sometimes, when missy is playing with by climbing on me, step here and there and she hurts me, so I will say “stop that, else mummy will die”... I did not assume that she knows what I mean by that as I said it out of anger as she sometimes just cannot stop playing rough even though I told her she is hurting me, one example is she will ride on my back when I lie face down to read something.. And she will sit on me, get up and sit again real hard... My back suffered.
Then, one good day, while we are playing on bed, she suddenly tells me “cannot hard hard, later mummy will die”... I was stunned by her remark. Oh... So she remembers what I told her, if she plays rough, mummy will die. Then I ask her, how mummy dies? She will pretend to die, with tongue stick out... OMG, she even knows what is the meaning of “die”... did I teach her that much? I can’t remember... However, I’m glad she is picking up fast. Then, sometimes, words we said, she will pick up immediately after listening it... Simply powerful! This is why toddler below 3 absorbs like sponge.
Last week, we went for missy’s school for teacher-parent dialog session. We are glad to learn from her English teacher (Miss Yda) and her Chinese teacher (Miss Ou Yang) that missy is a lovely girl in school. She is observed to be interested in activities done in school, participate actively and she is the one who always answer teacher’s questions and other follow her (even though the answer might not be correct all the time) and other also follow her incorrect answer sometimes.. haa. Teacher said she is teachable, affectionate, friendly and always willing to share with her friends. She will console friends who are sad or crying. She talks and laugh with her friends... *girls* teacher said one imperfection about her is that she is very active… teacher said she observed that most of the third and forth quarter babies are super active. Teachers have to calm them down sometimes in order to get them to sleep or do some silent activities.
Teachers retuned us all her arts works... which im going to showcase it at home. And her profile with pictures of her in the midst of her school activities. I find these so wonderful and precious as we get to know what she is doing in school and how she enjoys the activities so much.
And LGG and I feel that we have indeed made a wise decision to send her to school at 22 months-old , even though we had to experience some really tough time in the beginning to get her to adjust herself in the childcare, so much of crying and heartache. But now, after merely a year (we enrolled her in August 2009), she has been doing really well. Partly because she has grown up and also she has caring teacher like Miss Yda who never fail to impress me with her dedication, passion as a teacher. She is a very responsible, attentive teacher who will try to meet all parents’ needs on their children and she follows up, which I think is very important. She even use her own mobile to sms me to tell me info or ask me about my child... I hope there are more such teacher around, to benefit our next generation and also helping parents to feel good to leave our kid with the school.
Well.. shall record more of missy’s schooling in the future.


No comments:
Post a Comment