Monday, August 18, 2008

Ten commandments of Marriage

Auntie Jackie sent me this mail.. something to ponder..

Commandment 1.

Marriages are made in heaven. But then again, so is
thunder and lightning.

I think it takes 2 to tango, don't ever believe in "live happily ever after" kinda tales.. cos when u picture the perfection, it usually disappointed you. Compromise, tolerance, and open minded will help you to enjoy the journey of marriage..
which I’ve learnt that. I think so far, I enjoy my journey

Commandment 2.

If you want your wife to listen and pay strict
attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.
mm.. it should be if I want my husband to pay attention instead ? well, at least he listens to me when I’m complaining, which I never stop complaining.. gees.. I should change this ! esp complaining my maid.. tak boleh tahan ! and he reads my blog to get some “updates” on my life.. Ironic huh! But, sometimes we are too busy too sit down to talk abt everything.. tt’s why I usually make it a point to eat dinner together, so that we can have some chat.

Commandment 3.

Marriage is grand -- and divorce is at least 100
grand!
Neh.. no this word in my vocab.

Commandment 4.

Married life is very frustrating. In the first year
of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.
In the second year, the woman speaks and the man
listens. In the third year, they both speak and the
neighbors listen.
I think I speak more than him. but shall see third years if we speak of our daughter speaks.. muahahha

Commandment 5.

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife,
you can be sure of one thin g: Either the car is new
or the wife is.
mm..or the wife is carrying his child maybe ?

Commandment 6.

Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; The
trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
worst when children come along ? we have to vote now.

Commandment 7.

Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night
thinking about something you say. After marriage, he
will fall asleep before you finish.
mm..might be true. Maybe cos woman has too much to say ?

Commandment 8.

Every man wants a wife who is beautiful,
understanding, economical, and a good cook. But the
law allows only one wife.
multitasking wife. I think I fit the bill muahaha.. *thick skin* I think LGG will disagree.. cos my temper really cannot make it ! still working hard to control my super fast temper..

Commandment 9.

Marriage and love are purely matter of chemistry.
That is why wife treats husband like toxic waste.
I treat him well. He is a lucky man ! except the temper part. opps

Commandment 10.

A man is incomplete until he is married. After that,
he is finished.
LGG agrees with he is more complete after marriage, esp with the arrival of our missy.. I agree with him too.

No comments: